Designed for easy, effective self-care at home, the PCD 52™ features Multizone Calibrated Gradient Compression, which features:
- The ability to set the pressure independently in each of four zones on the garment
- Lympha Press® “Smart Technology” that applies precise pressure according to individual patient and garment dimensions
- A safety component that will not allow setting a reverse gradient which could cause wrong-way flow or reflux
- The ability to treat two limbs simultaneously for increased compliance
Choice of Sequential, Peristaltic, Pretherapy™ and Post-Therapy™ cycles:
Sequential: Efficient distal-to-proximal compressive massage
Peristaltic: A “wavelike” compression pattern that releases compression over the distal areas as it moves proximally; recommended for patients with distal discomfort
Pretherapy™: Based on the principles of manual lymph drainage, this patented cycle decongests the proximal areas as a preparation for the sequential or peristaltic cycles
Post-Therapy™: A focused 5-minutes of extra therapy to a specific area after the main treatment is completed that concludes with a distal to proximal “sweep” based on manual lymph drainage techniques
Features for Individualized Therapy:
- Adjustable Pause Time between 10 – 70 seconds
- Automatic Pause Time – will increase the Pause Time as needed to ensure deflation is complete
- Adjustable Hold Time – between 0 to 10 seconds; increasing Hold Time adds additional compression at the end of the inflation cycle
Features for Patient Compliance:
- Treatment Timer from 15-90 minutes
- Treatment Lock to prevent tampering with prescribed settings
- Compliance meter allows clinician to check patient use
The PCD-52™ works with Lympha Press® pneumatic compression garments, regarded as the best in the world. Highlights include:
- A wide range of standard sizes
- PRO-fit Progressive Fit™ sleeves that adjust as treatment progresses
- Comfylight™ - the complete solution for postmastectomy arm, shoulder, axilla and chest edema with one-piece construction for ease of use
Ease of Home Use:
- Garments conform to the body with air and feature zipper fasteners for ease of use
- Snap-in one-way connectors make setup quick and easy
- Ergonomic design, pull straps and zippers make the garemnts easy to put on and remove
- Coated non-stretch nylon fabric is easy to clean for good hygiene.
The PCD-52 is Compact and Great for Travel:
- Carrying handle makes it easy to move from room to room.
- The only lymphedema treatment system with optional battery operation
- Multi-voltage to accomodate travel
Use of Lympha Press® compression therapy systems is not recommended in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- During the inflammatory phlebitis process
- Acute infection of the affected limb
- Decompensated cardiac failure / congestive heart failure
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
Due to movement of fluids in the body when using this system, be careful with patients having heart disease. Using high pressure is not recommended for patients with peripheral occlusion disease.
See the User Manual for additional notes and precautions.
CAUTION: THIS IS A PRESCRIPTION-ONLY DEVICE. USA Federal law restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a licensed healthcare practitioner.