LymphaPod® is a sequential pneumatic compression therapy system designed specifically for the larger patient, providing effective treatment for lymphedema and venous insufficiency.
Larger patients with lymphedema have special needs. Their lymphedema often appears on the upper thighs, hips, and abdomen, areas which cannot be treated with standard leg garments. LymphaPod® is a home care system designed to treat large patients with limited mobility. It treats the entire lower body, including legs, hips, and abdomen.
Product features include:
- Treats the entire lower body, to reduce edema in legs, hips, abdomen and buttocks and increase lymphatic and venous return.
- Special emphasis on the inner thigh, to treat lobules.
- Designed for use by patients with limited mobility (some patients may need assistance).
- One size fits patients from 350 to 700+ lbs.
- 40 overlapping air chambers provide sequential massage, with fully adjustable pressure in 4 - 12 zones.
LymphaPod® can be used only with Lympha Press Optimal®.
- Primary lymphedema
- Secondary lymphedema
- Venous insufficiency
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Dysfunction of the muscle pump
Use of Lympha Press® compression therapy systems is not recommended in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- During the inflammatory phlebitis process
- Acute infection of the affected limb
- Decompensated cardiac failure / congestive heart failure
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
Due to movement of fluids in the body when using this system, be careful with patients having heart disease. Using high pressure is not recommended for patients with peripheral occlusion disease.
The abdominal area should not be treated during pregnancy. If LymphaPod® is to be used during pregnancy, the air cells over the abdomen must be disconnected prior to use.
See the User Manual for additional notes and precautions.
CAUTION: THIS IS A PRESCRIPTION-ONLY DEVICE. USA Federal law restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a licensed healthcare practitioner.